Today is National Adopt a Shelter Pet day! So naturally I wanted to talk about my fur baby, Milo. Here are 10 facts and 10 pictures of the little boy who always makes me happy, loves to cuddle and is overall the sweetest little puppy you will ever meet. I could talk about him all day and I couldn’t imagine my life without him.
- He is a Shih Tzu and poodle mix. Shih Poo is the technical term. Shoodle to me. And when he’s naughty… Shitpoo.
- He got his name from Milo Thatch in Atlantis since we’re a big Disney family.
- He has a million nicknames (exaggeration obi). Also, I’ve heard the more nicknames a dog has the smarter they are. I’m assuming it’s because they have to remember to answer (or ignore) when you call them.
- My favorite nickname he answers to is Stinky. He had been with us less than 2 weeks when he took my shoe under a bed and I couldn’t get him or the shoe out. I called him a stinker and it just stuck.
- Milo was with us for almost a full year before my husband and I started dating. As soon as they met it was love at first sight and now Charlie (hubby) is Milo’s favorite person in the entire world. If I mention Charlie he will go sit at the door and cry till he comes home. (Yep. I’m not jealous at all. Really. Ok… Maybe a little.)
- He HATES!! HATES!! being in the car. Cries and Cries and Cries. But he loves to “go buh-bye”.
- We can’t say, or even spell, WALK anymore because he knows exactly what it means and he gets extremely excited. We’ve started saying “Do you want to take you-know-who for a you-know-what” and we think he’s starting to catch on.
- He will eat an ice cube before a treat. But his favorite thing to eat is Cantaloupe.
- He loves to wear clothes and I promise I’m not just saying that to be a crazy dog mom. When we take his sweater off to wash it he will fight/growl/cry until it comes out of the dryer and then he can’t wait 3 seconds before it must go back on.
- When I pick him up and hold him he sits in my arms like a person and puts his head on my chest like he’s giving me a hug. It’s the best part of my day 🙂
Do you have any fur babies? What are their names? Do they have any funny quirks?