Not going to lie, this week has been INSANE!! I’ve been so busy getting ready for our trip and with the 4th of July holiday and my husband’s birthday I had quite a few family obligations so instead of posting this on Wednesday I had to post it today (Sunday). That being said I read a lot of new blog posts and I ended up bookmarking several I plan on going back to in the future for help.
- My husband and I have only been married for a little over 10 months but I’m always looking for ways to keep the “spark” alive. Especially since losing my job has put a strain on our relationship. However, Yolanda @Put The Kettle On has 3 Ways to Keep the Spark Alive that are fool proof.
- Do you have the travel bug? Looking for a really cute place in California to see while also enjoying several wonderful glasses of wine? Alex @The Beger Bungalow has the perfect place!!
- I’ve had a lot of “me time” lately and many would think that’s a good thing. It has been to an extent but as someone who struggles with anxiety and depression that “me time” can really get to me if I don’t find a way to be productive or treat myself. So when I found this post of seven solo date ideas from Becky @The Typical Twenty Something I was ecstatic!
- As I mentioned above, struggling with mental health can really take a toll on your everyday life. It definitely has for me anyway. Have you ever sat and watched an entire season of a show in one sitting and didn’t even realize it? Yep, I have. So this post by Chelsea @Inspiration Indulgence on 30 Simple Ways to Get Your Shiz Together has definitely been an inspiration for me. #20 on this list is basically my life’s mantra but she has so many other options and they’re all incredibly useful if you need a little help getting back to feeling like yourself.
- I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’ve been changing my site
way too oftenin subtle ways to help make it more “professional” and not too distracting. If you’re struggling to find ways to use widgets effectively you should definitely check out this post from Ben on other websites which use widgets in their sidebars.
- Lauren @EllDuclos talks what to do before and after you publish a post and no it’s not “proofread” and “shut down your computer”. She has fantastic advice on ways to bring more views in as well as ways to make every post an affiliate post. I’m still in the process of implementing her suggestions but I can’t wait to see if I can make my blog grow.
- There’s never been a time where I’ve thought “Why am I still blogging?” because I truly enjoy doing this but there are times where I get a little discourage. The most recent? My first two months I had 75 and 100 people follow my blog and this past month I only had 20. So my motivation was a little low and it really took a lot to keep going. Well a lot of my motivation comes from seeing successful bloggers. Well Jenny @Jenny in Neverland has a post on how she stays motivated and it got me thinking about making a list so when I get a little discouraged I have something to look back on.
You should definitely check out these blog posts and let me know what you think! Have you read/written any posts lately that have been incredibly helpful? Let me know! If you’re looking for my first weekly wrap up you can see it here.