I cannot be the only one who is sick of hearing this question! When did it start for you? For me it was as soon as we got back from our honeymoon. Granted we were in Florida during a hurricane (so there wasn’t a lot to do) and people just assumed we would try right away. Well I’m sorry to let those people down but I am extremely happy just being a family of 2!
Can we all agree its one of those things you just shouldn’t ask? There are many reasons why people don’t have kids!
5 Reasons why people don't have kids:
1. They are happy with their lives as they are. Having kids is a huge step! It’s ok to be happy with how your life is right now
2. It’s not easy to travel with a baby. (At least I would assume it’s not seeing as I’m not a parent.) Many people wait to have kids so they can travel with their significant other before it becomes too difficult.
3. Money!! Kids are expensive. I read somewhere between becoming pregnant and sending your child to college, it’s approximately $1 million?! I don’t know about you, but I do not have that kind of money right now. (If ever.)
4. They don’t want kids. There are many many many people out there that just don’t want kids! That doesn’t mean they don’t like kids or love kids in their family. It just means they don’t want their own kids. I want kids. Without a doubt, but my sister on the other hand just wants to be an aunt to my kids. She doesn’t want to be a mom and that’s totally ok with me.
5. Not possible. This is probably the most important reason to stop asking this question. People try for years and years and they aren’t able to have kids. It is extremely hard for couples to be asked this question when they’ve spent so much time trying. You might not think it’s an issue but it’s extremely hurtful and they only way to prevent this hurt is to just mind your own business
This is a question I’ve been having an issue with lately. It’s a question that should never be asked. It’s a topic discussed with you and your significant other. You can share the information with family and close friends if you want to but ultimately it’s you and your SO’s choice.
If you’re having problems with this question, I heard something recently you can say to put an end to the problem:
“We are trying so hard! We try all day, every day. We even tried right before we saw you!” – Shuts people up real fast 😉
Have you run into this question? How do you respond? Do you have another reason why you don’t want kids I didn’t include?